Along with tensions of the game and anticipated laughter from the commercials, one of the most exciting parts of the Super Bowl is the food. Tasty food unites people together, regardless of what team you support. “One of my favorite things about the Super Bowl is spending time with family and the food. I love the wings, dips and pizza,” Mariah Boulch, nursing major, said.
College students often find it difficult to make affordable dishes to share with everyone. Here are three snacks that won’t break the bank:
Pizza is a staple at multiple Super Bowl parties. No party is complete without it. Claire Collingwood, third year music therapy major, said, “I typically love something stereotypical like pizza at the Super Bowl party. Pizza is easy to eat, you don’t need any utensils. ” Well this is a different spin on your ordinary pizza. This is a pizzadilla; It’s easy to assemble and takes less than 10 minutes to cook.
1 package of tortillas
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 package of pepperoni
1 package of cheese (mozzarella recommended)
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Add one tortilla to the skillet. Pour few tablespoons of pizza sauce on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and layer the pepperoni on top.
- Add another tortilla on top. Cook both sides for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the pizzadilla into quarters and serve!
Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket are an American party classic. There are only two ingredients you need. You will score a touch down with this delicious snack!
1 pack of little smokies
1 pack of crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the crescent roll cans and separate the triangles. Cut each triangle in half.
- Place the little smokies on the edge of the wide side and roll to the point.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.
Cinnamon Roll Dip
There are all kinds of dips at Super Bowl parties like buffalo chicken dip, queso and spinach artichoke dip, but have you ever had a dessert dip? It will change the way you think about dips. This mouthwatering dip will change the game at your party. Here is the cinnamon roll dip by Candice Davison on Delish:
1 package of cream cheese
¼ cup of powdered sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon, divided
2 tbsp. of melted butter
2 tsp. of sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. With a whisk or an electric mixer, beat for 2 to 3 minutes until there are no lumps and the dip is fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Mix and pour into the cream cheese batter.
- Fold the mixture until it’s evenly blended.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, fruits or anything you prefer.
Anyone can make these simple recipes for their Super Bowl party. What are your favorite recipes? Tell us on Twitter @MvillePawprint. If you make any of the recipes, please share with Pawprint. Start cooking without breaking the bank and tune into Super Bowl 51 on Sunday!